Welcome to the Napa Valley, North America’s premier wine, food, arts and wellness capital. Though only thirty-five miles long and five miles at its widest, the Napa Valley has a well earned reputation as the home of America’s finest wine industry. It is prized for natural beauty, a phenomenal culinary scene, world class lodging, a thriving art community, therapeutic geothermal spring waters and spas and most of all, legend hospitality.(Napa Valley Guidebook)
Napa County, with its varied terrain, beautiful scenery and mild weather is an ideal place to bicycle for transportation and recreation. All five cities are flat and compact, which is perfect for commuting, running errands, and sight-seeing by bike. Travel between towns via bicycle is not quite as easy because of the distances, limited transit connections, and roads with motor vehicle traffic. Outside of the cities and valley floor, the County’s mountains, valleys, and scenery provide a world class riding experience that is challenging and rewarding for recreational cyclists.
The short cycling trip takes you along the quiet less traveled country back roads through the gorgeous valleys, hills, mountains, canyons and lakes around Napa County! It’s a great way to explore the legendary Napa Valley and beyond!
- Napa: Mt Veeder-Congress Valley-Carneros Valley 48 Miles with 2441′ elevation
- Napa: Conn Valley-Greenfield-Howell Mountain-Ink Grade 38 Miles with 4111′ elevation
- Napa: Sage Canyon-Capell Valley-Mt George-Silverado Trail 50 Miles with 2694′ elevation
- Napa: Silverado Trail-Old Lawley Toll-Franz Valley 50 Miles with 3510′ elevation
We street camped overnight in the town of St Helena and parked at John Meily Park on Pope St during the daylight hours.
Local Bike Shops:
- Bicycle Works at 3335 Soalno Ave, Napa 707-253-7000
- Calistoga Bikeshop at 1318 Lincoln St, Calistoga 707-942-9687
- St Helena Cyclery at 1156 Main St, St Helena 707-963-7736
Please feel free to subscribe to this blog and share it with others. You won’t receive any junk mail, only new post notifications. It’s totally FREE! Just click the link on the sidebar. Thank You!